Twitter Updates

Sunday, October 28, 2007

i'm my father's daughter

Parents, Camden Market


I don't know how long I was in hospital for; I was only a year old, two maybe. I was in for encephalitis, which is "an acute inflammation of the brain, commonly caused by a viral infection" according to Wikipedia. I was in critical condition, and doctors told my parents that I could very well die, or if I survived, there was a high chance of me becoming a vegetable.

Obviously I don't remember any of it and there aren't any pictures of me during that period. I can only say that I'm here today, and not just alive and kicking, but thriving and doing fantastically well at everything I set my mind to.

My dad's proud of me. I can hear it in his voice. I said this once to my uncle - Uncle Patrick - that "I am my father's daughter" in defiance when my dad said something about me. I say it now again when I say that I'm proud to be his daughter and I'm love my parents. And I'm glad the doctors in the hospital were wrong. I mean, can you imagine me - a vegetable?

http://sundayscribblings.blogspot.com

5 comments:

tumblewords said...

Nice story and tribute! Glad you're okay!

Bonggamom said...

As a mother, I can only imagine how your parents must have gone through such agony during that period! How wonderful that the story has such a great outcome.

Robin said...

What a beautiful tribute to your father, and how very proud he must be of you.

Gemma said...

Blessings to you. You were given another chance at life.
:-)

gautami tripathy said...

At three months of age I too had encephalitis but I survived much to the surprise of the doctors. I am alive and kicking. Vegetable? Well I eat those!


:D

Me

Me and my Toffee Nut Latte from the patron saint of coffee herself - St.Arbucks.