Twitter Updates

Saturday, December 30, 2006

mon destin

This week's Sunday Scribblings post is titled 'Destination'; add that to how Bernard and Shoba were talking about the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme visa during dinner on Thursday, I found a 'self test' on the net and I don't qualify.

I wonder where I will be a year from now. Or less than a year, actually - 9 months. I absolutely love London and everything that's in it and around it and to leave London, no, to return to Singapore, would kill me.

Apparently, they just changed the HSMP requirements this November. After seeing the hell that Yvette went through, applying for her visa twice because she was rejected the first time round, paying the heft application fees - 300 quid each time - I'm kinda feeling down because I London is home. Singapore isn't.

Joel sent me more DVDs that I received yesterday through the post and in it, was a Christmas card. He wrote that he's proud of me and respects me for having done it but I haven't quite done it yet. I haven't done everything that I need to do that will guarantee me long term stay in London and now it looks like I can't.

So what does the future hold for me oh Great 2007? I know that it isn't in Singapore because I wasn't happy in Singapore. :) Qu'est ce que mon destin? Dit moi!

4 comments:

paris parfait said...

Kay, don't give up the visa quest without exhausting every avenue. Obviously you have special skills or you wouldn't have been hired in the first place. If you want something, you must MAKE IT HAPPEN, rather than wasting time speculating. I hope all gets resolved and 2007 is a wonderful year for you!

AnnieElf said...

Anything worth having is worth fighting for. Don't give up, dear. 2007 will be great. You can make it so. Be strong.

Kamsin said...

Nine months is still a long time in London, whatever the outcome of the visa issue. So focus on enjoying the time you have there and fight for the visa at the same time, if that make sense, then whatever happens you'll have had a wonderful year and who knows maybe things will work out how you want them to!

Happy New Year!

Rethabile said...

Hope 2007 will be good to you.

Me

Me and my Toffee Nut Latte from the patron saint of coffee herself - St.Arbucks.