Twitter Updates

Saturday, May 06, 2006

in these shoes, i don't think so

My first Sunday Scribblings post.


These are without a doubt, my favourite pair of heels. I saw them at a shoe store and tried them on and loved them, but doubted that I could walk in these 4" heels. But they had my name on them and after two weeks of doing nothing but think about them, I decided that I had to make them mine. I called the shoe store but they'd sold out on that design (it was on sale in limited sizes I guess) so I surfed the net to find the numbers of all the five outlets in Singapore and the sales people at each store said 'I'm sorry, we don't have that design' or 'I'm sorry, we don't have it in size 38.' Getting more and more dejected, I finally called the last store (which was most inaccessible to me) and asked, expecting the same replies but what do you know? They had them!!! I reserved them on the spot and went to the store straight after work!

I've never received as many comments and compliments ever! A total stranger stopped me in the train station and told me she loved my shoes. My interviewer, during a job interview, said that she loved my shoes! All my (ex-)colleagues love them. People never fail to exclaim 'Ah! The heel is so high! How can you walk in those?' But when the shoes are that pretty, one finds a way. (I just can't wear them two days in a row, and not when I'm intending go shopping after work!

Heels (especially those as high as these are) aren't good for your back and calf muscles but boy do they boost a girl's confidence. I can do anything in these shoes.

Excerp from "In These Shoes" by Kirsty MacCall:

Then I met an Englishman
"Oh" he said
"Won't you walk up and down my spine,
It makes me feel strangely alive."
I said "In these shoes?
I doubt you'd survive."

8 comments:

Sunday Scribblings said...

Hi Kay! I need an actual html link to post a link to this page -- I'm not sure how to find the permalink on your page. Sorry!

Shuku said...

Those. Shoes. Are. GORGEOUS. And yes, it -really- really is hideous when the size you want isn't in stock. I'm glad you found them! Glad to have found your blog too, and looking forward to reading more!

--Shuku, Sunday Scribblings

paris parfait said...

Love the shoes (glad you got them at last and they provoked so many positive reactions) and the reference to Kirsty McColl's song. She was really something; sadly died much too young.

Julie said...

Love love love those shoes!

Kay said...

Thank you all for the lovely comments on my shoes.

Jennifer said...

Love the shoes. I simply cannot wear heels myself. My Mom wears them all the time!

Tylene said...

I can completely relate to your story. I have searched for shoes, clothes, etc far too many times than I'd like to admit. Glad you finally found these fabulous shoes!

Kristine said...

Great shoes. I can relate to the idea of searching and calling multiple stores. I did that for a certain makeup one time.

Me

Me and my Toffee Nut Latte from the patron saint of coffee herself - St.Arbucks.